It’s exactly a month since I wrote my last post so I decided to drop something reminding everyone that I am still alive, lol. Please check out the last post here if you missed it.
How are you holding up during this season? I hope you and your family are staying safe? Please keep hope alive as this will soon pass, Amen?
Sometime last month, an older friend sent me a chat asking me to list all my achievement year to date and I started stammering. I mean it was more of please don’t pressure me , I am just trying to be alive but truthfully I was really uncomfortable answering the question. He went ahead to name them for me which got me excited and really thankful to God for the gift of people in my life.
But, I began to ask myself why I was uncomfortable with the question ? Am I truly tracking my goals for the year or am I just screaming vision board up and down without pursuing these goals and carrying out the necessary actions. Please ask yourself this too.
Hence, I decided to share the good, bad and ugly of my 2020 so far. I am hoping this post will motivate you into self reflection.
- 2020 began for me at my Church’s cross over service with the theme ‘Year of Mercy’ therefore, I have received the daily mercies of God every day.
- I started my Dubai travel guide and released the Ebook. I also successfully sold some copies so far. You can grab yours here if you haven’t .
- I launched this personal web space courtesy my amazing friend and bestie Jaydee. Check him out here if you need an amazing website or creative designs.
- I got selected for the Wimbiz Mentoring Training Program with a mentor that makes me thank God everytime I speak with her.
- I achieved my work KPIs despite….. let’s just stop there please.
- I started growing an email community of young people with amazing minds who want something more from life. Hey you can join us by signing up here.
- You know how people talk about purpose and knowing what you want for your life? I got clarity regarding this aspect of my life and that’s my best achievement so far!
I actually saw things on my vision board come to pass and I am so bubbly with excitement as I can’t wait to see how the rest of the year turns out. I mean there were also some things that I couldn’t achieve.
- I looked forward to getting shortlisted for a particular scholarship but I didn’t get in. This one hit me so hard, I couldn’t talk to anyone about it for days. But when I eventually did, it all made sense and I am fine. I mean, we move !
- I had to pause plans on an event that I have been dreaming of having since as far back as three years back. The beginning of the year was so productive with the planning but we had to pause because of ‘Rona .
- I had travel plans to celebrate my birthday at the end of May but you already know how that’s going. I trust that God wants the world to be still right now in order for us to listen to him.
- I also started learning French on the Duolingo app as influenced by my friend Anita who blogs and actually inspired this post. Please check her page here . Oh well, let’s just say the Duolingo notifications have given up on me. Just look at what they sent me .
Definitely has to be COVID-19 and how it made the world stop for a
brief moment. During this period, please stay safe by staying at home and practicing good hygiene. Indeed, we will conquer.
I would be sharing how I have been trying to stay happy and sane this period with members of my community via email. If you’re interested in learning a thing or two, please sign up via this Link . It only requires your email address and yes, we are reviewing an amazing movie this Saturday. Do join us here .
So, there it is, the good , bad and ugly of 2020 so far. How has 2020 being for you ? Did you crush any goal so far or you’re just trying to stay alive?
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below. I’d love to hear them.
P.S Anyone has an hack on how I can learn French or maybe German? Please let me know below.
Till next time.